Abortion funds show up every day to help people access the abortion they need or want. What can you do to support them? Now through May 31st, you can join Fund-a-Thon to raise money and build power with the New River Abortion Access Fund and other abortion funds.
This year we’re raising $30,000! Fund-a-Thon is our annual peer-to-peer fundraiser – the biggest fundraiser of the year! Abortion funds across the country will be raising money and hosting local and virtual events throughout the season. We count on the money raised during Fund-a-Thon to do our essential work. Whether you fundraise with a team, go solo, or make a donation to a page (or more!), your participation is vital to ensure that we can continue to fund the growing number of people who call our helpline – especially as access to abortion care continues to be threatened across the nation. This is our first post-Roe Fund-a-Thon.
You can sign up to fundraise, start a team, or join an existing team anytime. On the day of the event, all you have to do is show up! This year we’re bowling to celebrate our fundraising efforts. Plus, we’re holding raffles and giving away prizes to donors and fundraisers every week.
How it works:
1) Gather 4-6 friends to join your team.
2) Create a team page at fund.nnaf.org/nraaf and come up with a creative name. Themes and costumes are encouraged, but not required.
3) Team members will sign up to fundraise and join your team. (Don’t have a team? No worries. You can sign up as an individual fundraiser and join a team on the day of the event.)
4) Customize your fundraising page and set a personally meaningful fundraising goal.
5) Fundraise to help the New River Abortion Access Fund reach our goal of $30K. You get a toolkit with fundraising tips and ready-to-go templates for social media and email. It’s super easy. All you need to do is ask your friends and family to donate to your fundraising page.
6) Show up on the day of the event, celebrate, and have fun! We will be handing out prizes for the most creative team & for the team that raises the most money.
There’s a $25 registration fee per person. You can fundraise to cover the fee, donate to your page, or pay the difference at the door on the day of the event. Registration includes: 1 game of bowling, 1 game of laser tag, shoe rental, and pizza + non-alcoholic beverages.
375 Arbor Drive
Christiansburg, VA 24073
April 9, 4:30pm – 9:00 pm
Not a fan of bowling? Don’t live nearby? No problem. Anyone can have fun and feel great funding abortion! Plus, we’re also hosting a virtual event for folks outside the New River Valley. You’ll receive the event link after you donate.
Have any questions? Contact us at email@example.com.